Technical Project Manager
Strategy and Technology Practice
New York, US
How to apply
If you think you have the personal attributes, experience, and drive to be successful, please submit your name and resume.
Email resume to
CS Technology is a global IT consulting and advisory firm with offices in New York, London, Sydney and Melbourne. We are dedicated to strategically solving our client’s cloud services, data center, digital workplace and operating model IT transformation challenges. We create predictability for technology intensive environments by applying proven engineering concepts and practices for long-term solutions. We, at CS Technology are visionary infrastructure transformers, with a multi-disciplinary team of technologists, financial analysts, project and program managers. We foster critical thinking and innovation that drive career development. Our reward is in a culture of collaborative experts who drive our industry forward. If you are motivated by turning challenging ideas into reality, creating uncharted value for clients and bringing your best self to your work – we want to connect with you.
About the role
CS Technology is seeking a Technical Project Manager who has the adequate skill-set and PMO experience to support Technology Project and Program Management Services for our corporate clients. We are currently looking for experienced, success-driven individuals to work in NYC. Ideal candidates for this position will demonstrate self-motivational skills, possess a competitive spirit and thrive in a collaborative team environment. The Technology Project Manager will have strong organizational abilities and provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments and external contractors to ensure project success. He or She will serve as an influential leader by demonstrating PM professionalism and effectively facilitating an environment of teamwork and collaboration. The Technology Project Manager will effectively communicate across departments and at executive levels. Proficiency in standard Project Management tools such as MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Primary role is Project Manager
Full accountability for team management and program execution including:
- Develop fully coordinated dependency-driven project plans, communication plans, resource plans, deliverables plans, etc.
- Monitor actual-versus- planned progress in regard to dates, effort, duration, and progress
- Create integration documentation around requirements, design, testing/QA, implementation, and obtain appropriate approvals
- Work with Client technical, program and business teams to ensure proper design, architecture, and implementation planning and execution is achieved
- Represent the PMO as the focal point for all communications and coordination activities with other projects
- Interface with all parties to set and manage expectations
- Create and distribute status report and communications
- Facilitate the development of all project deliverables
- Provide issue, risk, and action item management
- Ensuring resource efforts remain focused on the established goals, objectives, deliverables and targets established for the project
- Interacting with internal and external project resources to ensure evaluation, final disposition and communication of changes to project scope via a formal change control process
- Creating integrated project schedules including tasks, milestones, resource assignments, and task dependencies resulting in a clear understanding of critical path activities.
- Monitoring and tracking performance to the project schedule by interacting with project team members and conducting regular team status meetings
- Updating and communicating the project schedule weekly
- Facilitating identification of Risks and Issues that may affect project deliverables and targets, and interacting with project team to develop and implement migration strategies and corrective actions to ensure minimum impact to the project
- Communicating project health and status to project team members, management, committees and key stakeholders as per established reporting schedules, following reporting guidelines as per the communications plan, and using a standard PM tool set.
- Create initial baseline and detailed technology budget. Manage and maintain all aspects of project financials including change orders, timesheets, invoices, contingencies, etc.
- Establish a Quality Management Process and ensure all quality metrics are met throughout project implementation.
7+ Years in Technology Project Management consulting, working on corporate-wide initiatives for large-scale firms
Superior knowledge of the practical application of PM knowledge areas (i.e., Scope, Time, Issues, Risk, Change and Communication Management)
Solid IT background with expert-level experience managing diverse projects from concept through deployment, and ability to work with cross functional teams (internal and external) to ensure project success
Strong knowledge of project management best practices
PMO creation and/or management experience
Project Management certification (e.g. PMP, PgMP, PMI-RMP, etc.), plus relevant Technical certifications
Significant Client-facing responsibilities/skills with internal and external audiences at all levels of management
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Polished presentation ability
- Conflict resolution
Superior organization and time management skills: motivation, multi-tasking, self-starting with minimal supervision, etc.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including MS Project, Visio and SharePoint
Experience with PPM tools such as MS Project Server for status reporting and risk/issue management
Experience in Data Center projects, especially new build-outs and application server migrations
Ability to step into projects already in progress or in need of rescue
Problem-solving skills, with the ability to perform root cause and gap analysis
CS Technology is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CS Technology does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CS Technology’s headquarters is located in New York City. We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package, 401K, and paid vacation. We are hiring as a result of our proven success, recent growth, and consistent high performance.