Technical Programme Manager
Strategy and Technology Practice
New York, US
How to apply
If you think you have the personal attributes, experience, and drive to be successful, please submit your name and resume.
Email resume to
CS Technology is a global IT consulting and advisory firm with offices in New York, London, Sydney and Melbourne. We are dedicated to strategically solving our client’s cloud services, data center, digital workplace and operating model IT transformation challenges. We create predictability for technology intensive environments by applying proven engineering concepts and practices for long-term solutions. We, at CS Technology are visionary infrastructure transformers, with a multi-disciplinary team of technologists, financial analysts, project and program managers. We foster critical thinking and innovation that drive career development. Our reward is in a culture of collaborative experts who drive our industry forward. If you are motivated by turning challenging ideas into reality, creating uncharted value for clients and bringing your best self to your work – we want to connect with you.
Technical Programme Manager with the ability to work on infrastructure data centre deployment; service setup and transition; application / infrastructure migration solutions. Ability to oversee multiple projects within the larger programme consistently delivering customer benefits and when required project manage key workstreams.
- Structure and setup small to large project frameworks.
- Promote excellent project delivery.
- Promote global consistency of delivery across projects.
- Lead projects.
- Provide client-driven and internal deliverable documentation as it relates to the specific scope and needs of each project and programme.
- Recommendations with respect to systems selection, sizing, location, and operations.
- High-level financial analysis considering resiliency and capacity objectives.
- Expert user/producer of management information systems and excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project toolset of products and ability to implement these tools for the effective completion of project tasks and deliverables.
- Coordinate and communicate with project managers and other team members with respect to programme and project status and performance.
- Monitor programme and project work to maintain schedule, budget and compliance to contract.
- PRINCE2 and/or MSP, PMI Certification or equivalent knowledge.
- ITIL Foundation(or equivalent knowledge).
- CCNA or MCP server (or equivalent knowledge).
- Public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Skills in both technical and process oriented initiatives.
- Physical and virtual server knowledge.
- ITIL and ITSCM.
- 4 years’ experience managing projects that design / build data centre infrastructure (Citrix, Wintel, Unix, Linux, virtualisation (hypervisor, storage and network), storage arrays, SAN, network (WAN/LAN/DNS), voice (dial tone, trader, call recording, contact centres) DC whitespace).
Programme and Project management
- Managing end to end delivery of the projects.
- Effective management of interdependencies with strong control on risk, issues and change.
- Understanding and demonstrable track record of delivering within a structured project management framework.
- Excellent stakeholder management track, reporting and relationship building.
- Excellent understanding of how IT departments function from service to solution to architecture and standards.
- Consulting and ability to identify and manage engagement risk.
- Commercial experience, including budgeting and project financial control.
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with clients at all levels.
- Ability to explain and implement changes delivered by programme and projects.
Day to Day Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct RFP, bid meetings, and scoping meetings, constructability reviews, and referral evaluations, and value engineering of project drawings and schedules to optimise client’s benefit.
- Manage structured client data centre ITSCM (DR) failover planning and execution.
- Provide recommendations with respect to systems selection, sizing, location, and operations.
- Manage delivery and equipment logistics.
- Monitor project work to maintain schedule, budget and compliance to contract.
- Implement change management program (preparation, negotiation and ongoing management of impact of proposed changes on cost, schedule and deliverables).
- Develop schedules of values, review purchasing, review pay applications, manage contingency reserves, and manage cost-to-complete against budget.
- Generate/review field reports, track and follow up on requests for information, prepare punch lists and monitor completion.
- Coordinate and communicate with project managers and other team members with respect to project status and performance.
- Whitespace design and implementation experience.
- IT Infrastructure design and implementation experience.
- Guidance and subject matter expertise for Cloud, Wintel, data centres, XaaS models and application migrations.
- Excellent time management and conflict/contention management skills.
- Consulting background (2 years minimum) with an engineering or technology professional services entity.
- Ability to interface and manage clients with emphasis on excellent customer relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills that include both verbal and written presentations.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK and abroad.
CS Technology is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CS Technology does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CS Technology’s headquarters is located in New York City. We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package, 401K, and paid vacation. We are hiring as a result of our proven success, recent growth, and consistent high performance.