Principal Consultant – DC and Cloud
Strategy and Technology Practice
Melbourne, CBD and Inner Suburbs
How to apply
If you think you have the personal attributes, experience, and drive to be successful, please submit your name and resume.
Email resume to
About CS Technology
If you are motivated by turning challenging ideas into reality, creating uncharted value for clients and bringing your best self to your work – we want to connect with you.
Principal Consultant - DC and Cloud
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Consult directly with senior management teams within our clients
- Leadership of client strategy engagements and oversight of implementation engagements
- Expertise in data centre strategy development, cloud and hybrid strategy development, hybrid reference architecture, cloud readiness assessments, capacity modelling, colocation search and migration, financial analysis, technical studies, feasibility studies.
- Ability to write effective proposals, reports, technical analyses, and business analyses.
- Ability to develop and present effective PowerPoint presentations to technical and senior leadership.
- Ability to synthesise rational technical requirements from business and operational requirements
- Ability to model technology and financial scenarios using Excel: server growth, power growth, impact of application changes, P&L and cash flow views, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience in technology engineering, architecture, design, and implementation as applied to complex computing systems
- Compute and virtualisation
- Storage, backup and archiving
- Specialisation in one of the following:
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure, SD-WAN, SDN, SD-SAN
- Cloud solution implementations (Azure, AWS, Google, OpenStack, SoftLayer)
- Understanding when cloud should be leveraged versus other infrastructure technologies
- Platform automation and orchestration
- Workload analysis for cloud hosting
- Experienced project management skills that can be applied to all client engagements
- Program oversight of data centre and cloud implementation projects
- Steering committee participation in client engagements
- Land and expand into new clients
- Regular customer satisfaction checks with client stakeholders
- Development of new client stakeholder relationships and opportunities
- Partner with sales consultants to provide technical pre-sales support
- Lead the technical side of client sales meetings
- Author client proposals
- Attend and participate in industry events to drive awareness and identify opportunities
To be successful in this role the candidate must have:
- Exceptional written and verbal English
- Consulting experience
- An analytical mindset
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project and Word
Desirable attributes include:
- Technical certifications such as CCNP, MCSE, AWS Architect
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Maths, PhysicsT
CS Technology is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CS Technology’s headquarters is located in New York City with its APAC region headquarters in Sydney CBD. We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package, 401K, and paid vacation. We are hiring as a result of our proven success, recent growth, and consistent high performance.