Strategy and Technology Practice
Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
How to apply
If you think you have the personal attributes, experience, and drive to be successful, please submit your name and resume.
Email resume to
About CS Technology
We are growing rapidly and looking for an Infrastructure Architect to join CS Technology to develop target state architectures for our enterprise clients.
When our local and global clients need nimble independent advisory services on their hosting transformation strategies spanning on-premise, data centre, cloud, geographies and jurisdictions they call on us to co-create with them.
This role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney working closely with both teams and our colleagues in the US and the UK. Travel within Australia is expected and potentially internationally once borders reopen.
If you are an experienced, self-motivated Infrastructure Architect looking for autonomy whilst working with challenging client problems and smart colleagues, we encourage you to apply and find out more.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture and ability to punch well above our weight against the largest consulting firms in the world. Our client base is truly impressive.
Your first project will have you support a high performing team of consultants delivering a major transformation program for an ASX50 client. You will be collecting and maintaining project inventory and schedules, resource profiling, managing stakeholder communication, along with maintaining artefacts throughout the project lifecycle.
Note: only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
The successful team member will have solid experience developing target state IT Infrastructure architectures including on-premise, data centre and cloud. You will be working within a team that is focused on transforming enterprise technology portfolios into modern architectures through a combination of intelligent discovery, scenario analysis, financial modelling, business case development, transformation strategy and transformation implementation management. Your role will be to provide the technical architecture creativeness required to turn strategies into detailed architecture designs.
You will also be involved in pre-sales technical discussions and presentations with current and prospective clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Must be capable of providing technical leadership in multiple technical disciplines while collaborating with project and program management teams
- Consults directly with senior management teams within our clients
- Must be capable of working in a consultative environment
- Must be capable of working with geographically and technically diverse teams
- Must be capable of interfacing with a wide range of technical and business representatives within our client base
- Subject matter expertise for hosting target states
- Ability to write effective technical analyses, architecture diagrams, reports, and business analyses
- Ability to develop and present effective presentations
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership within our client base: CIOs, CTOs, IT Directors, General Managers, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with line managers, technical leaders and their direct reports
- Ability to communicate with business and non-technical users to understand operational requirements
Desirable Skill Sets (some combination of the items below)
- Knowledge of data centre, cloud and technology trends and how they impact our client base
- General knowledge of current server, virtualisation, storage, networking, security
- Experience and/or advanced knowledge in at least one of the above technology areas
- Ability to interact with business and application representatives
- Ability to synthesise rational technical requirements from business and operational requirements
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity concepts and practices
- High-level understanding of data centre infrastructure: power, cooling, cabling, layout, operations
- Familiarity with large enterprise organisational structure and decision processes
- Ability to working and deliver projects independently or as part of a larger team
- Ability to aggregate and organise information across disciplines to develop cohesive strategies
- Mid-Senior within the industry (min. 8 years in the field with 5+ years of combined IT Infrastructure, data centre and cloud experience)
- Very reliable and dependable; self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and availability for additional hours when needed to successfully meet deliverables and ensure client satisfaction
- Someone who demonstrates leadership within the team, is solutions focused, and will require only minimal oversight once they have acclimated to the client engagement
- Combination of general technology knowledge and familiarity with distributed systems (Win, Unix, Linux, VMware) as well as understanding of physical (infrastructure) and logical dependencies
- Familiarity with migrating infrastructure/technology services – P2P connections, DMZ’s / FW’s, DNS, market data, info security services, storage, back-up and recovery, network services
- AWS, Azure, or VMware certifications and willingness to continue learning and certifying
- TOGAF certification highly regarded
CS Technology is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CS Technology’s headquarters is located in New York City with its APAC region headquarters in Sydney. We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package, 401K, and paid vacation. We are hiring as a result of our proven success, recent growth, and consistently high performance.